Tired of the hustle and bustle we call life? Need to get away from it all? Love being near the water? This charming, yet extremely affordable retreat may be your answer!
This is in absolutely no way related to embroidery or rubber stamping that I usually blog about here...what can I say, we take a moment out of this not-so-regularly-scheduled broadcast to bring you this! (I am just being financially conservative and resourceful.) :-) We are selling our peaceful weekend retreat home in the Potomac River community of Stratford Harbour in Montross, Virginia. This A-frame home nestled on two wooded lots has SO much character and charm, inside and out! It is rare to find a property this close to the water at such a reasonable price. But we have it priced extremely competitively and almost $25,000 less than the assessed value. Below is a look into this charming home.
EARLY EVENING VIEW:
OPEN LIVING AREA: Behind the living area is the kitchen area, though mostly out of view from this angle. There is a full size electric stove, full size refrigerator, double sink and a pantry closet on the back left wall.
TWO BEDROOM AREAS: The front bedroom (tan and white) is set up with a queen bed. The back bedroom (blue) is set up with twin trundle beds.
LOFT BEDROOM & SITTING AREA: This area is set up with one full bed...and oh how the kids (and adults) love this bed! Chains are available for a second better on the opposing side of the loft. We currently have that area set up with a TV and bookcase for a sitting/playing area since the kids like to be up here so much!
ONE BATHROOM: This bathroom is on the main floor area. The unfinished basement does have the rough-in plumbing for a second full bathroom. (But who wants to clean bathrooms when you can be relaxing on the water???)
VIEW FROM THE LOFT:
STORAGE: While I haven't taken any pictures yet, there is an above ground, walk-out basement. At the bottom of the stairs, there is a small finished area (drywall and painted) that has a triple closet for great storage. In addition, there is an unfinished area that contains the rough in for the second bathroom and rec area. The full size washer and dryer in this area, do convey.
THE PROPERTY: There are two lots included in the sale. The lot with the house is 16,000 sq. ft. The adjacent, corner lot is 19,915 sq. ft. They are wooded lots to greatly reduce yard work time and emphasize play time. The second lot can be built upon if you would like.
THE AREA: Oh, the area...there are so many great amenities in this community. Sharks' Tooth Beach on a very wide part of the Potomac River is our favorite...a small beach area that is SO close to this home. The beach has picnic tables, bon fire area, outdoor shower, etc. It is so peaceful to take a chair and sit to read a book and watch the water...all year long! The community also offers a marina to launch your boat, a large private lake (Lake Indepence), club house (available for private parties), a pool, tennis/baketball courts and playground. It is an INCREDIBLY friendly and active community with many "weekenders" from northern Virgina, DC, Maryland, etc. You can participate in book clubs, pot luck dinners, children's events/parties, chili cook off, crab feast, exercise activities, holiday bazaars featuring local artists...truly, a super community! The quaint area is filled with rich history, a few local restaurants, super friendly people...and yet, King George/Dahlgren and Tappahannock areas are only a short distance. This area is approximately an hour and forty-five minutes from the northern Virginia/DC areas and the same distance from Bowie, MD area.
The only thing between you and this beach area is one driveway. The picture below was taken from the end of our driveway and shows the driveway and then the beach entrance right after the speed limit sign! YES, this close!
459 Monument Drive
Montross, VA 22520
- Home has just under 1000 square feet
- Two bedrooms plus loft with full size swinging bed
- One bath
- Currently, set up to sleep six with the potential for eight.
- Above ground unfinished basement with rough in for second full bath and rec area
- Basement also has a finished area with triple closet for great storage.
- Three decks (one off the living area, one off the front of the home, one off the walk out basement)
- Heat pump replaced in 2009
- Hot Water Heater replaced in 2012
- Propane fireplace for living room for cozy snuggling
- Additional adjacent corner lot included in sale
- All furniture, bedding, kitchen contents, virtually all decor (there are a couple sentimental items that we will retain which we will detail to potential buyer), lawn equipment included.
- You only need to bring your luggage and camera to capture the memories!
- Fabulous, extremely active and friendly community offers private beach on Potomac River, marina, boat storage, private lake, clubhouse, huge pool, tennis courts, playground...so many great amenities!
- The only thing between this home and Sharks Tooth Beach is one driveway!
- Extremely competitive price of $126,900
- This home with two lots and furnishings is priced almost $25,000 below assessed value!
- This is NOT a short sale of any type, we can close as soon as you can close so you can enjoy this home and the Potomac River all summer.
For additional information or to see this charming property, email Lisa1529@gmail.com or call 540-273-0203.